Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

At Least I Had Fun!

So, I was very excited when my new Strawberry Fragrance Oil arrived in the mail...along with Strawberry Seeds! Oooo...this was gonna be so fun!

I got started on my Strawberry Soap-





I poured layer 1...oh, my goodness it smelled so stinkin' good!!!! *do not lick spoon...do not lick spoon...do not lick spoon...* :)

See the seeds?-




Then I started the green layer...'cause every proper strawberry has a green hat on top!
...poured it on top of the red layer...
Then I waited. And waited. And waited. And...

...do I really have to keep waiting?

Finally! Oh, wow...it looks amazing!

Except that my seeds didn't stay suspended. Some floated to the top and some to the bottom. I must have poured it too soon. Oh, well.







But the real disappointment was when I cut the loaf into bars. My layers separated!!!

So I remelted it all and tried again...making sure to follow the directions carefully. Still fell apart. I'm thinking maybe the seeds aren't letting the layers stick together? I dunno. Oh, well...at least I had fun trying.







2 comments:

  1. Well that stinks that your layers fell apart! Well, now you can cut the green layers into smaller sizes (like half) and let the littles have some "me" sized soaps! I bet it does smell lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for leaving a comment! Yes, it's a good thing that my soap falling apart didn't mean it was ruined! I remelted the green and poured it into little flower molds. The kids will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment! I will moderate and publish your comment as soon as my busy life allows! God bless! ~Chelsie